Michael Kenyon, President
Monica A. Meyers, Executive Director
PRESERVES OPEN 365 DAYS / Sunrise - Sunset
Working at the Forest Preserve District of Kane County
The District employs 70 full-time and 2 part-time employees and approximately 44 summer seasonal employees and 20 year-round seasonal police officers. The headquarters is located at Suite 320, 1996 South Kirk Road, Geneva. Satellite offices are located at the Tekakwitha Woods Nature Center (McGuire House), Trades (Campton FP), Natural Resources (Aurora West), North (Muirhead Springs FP) and South (Grunwald Farms FP) Operation Facilities.
Compensation and Benefits Structure
- Medical Insurance: The District offers three choices for medical coverage from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, a PPO and two (2) HMOs.
- Dental Insurance: The District offers two choices for dental coverage from Delta Dental, a PPO and an HMO.
- Vision Plan: The District offers a discount vision plan designed to provide regular eye examinations and benefits toward vision care expenses.
- Life Insurance: The District offers a Group Decreasing Term Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Dependent Term Life through Prudential Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account: An FSA is an employer-sponsored plan that lets you deduct dollars from your paycheck and put them into a special account that’s protected from taxes. The money in the FSA account can be used for eligible health care and/or dependent care expenses incurred by you, your spouse and your dependents.
- Retirement: The Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) provides a defined benefit retirement plan, and disability and death benefits to its members. Employees contribute 4.5% of their gross wages (tax deferred) and the District contributes approximately 9% (adjusts annually) on behalf of the employee.
- Deferred Compensation 457(b): Employees set aside money for retirement on a pre-tax basis through a salary deferral agreement with the District. Under this agreement, the employee agrees to take a reduction in salary. The money reduced is directed into an investment company offered by the District (i.e., ING, Nationwide, Chase). The 457(b) is a long-term supplemental retirement program. Contributions grow tax free until withdrawal at retirement or termination of employment.
- Credit Union: District employees are eligible to join the Kane County Teacher’s Credit Union. The credit union provides services such as: checking and savings accounts, lending services, safe deposit boxes, free financial seminars, etc.
- Aflac: Employees can enroll in this program to received supplemental insurance coverage above what the District already offers through its other programs.
- Paid Time Off: Vacation (based on years of services) and 12 days of sick leave per year.
- Holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Lincoln’s Birthday, Washington’s Birthday, Spring Holiday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans’ Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after, and Christmas Day
- Tuition Reimbursement: The District will reimburse employees for college coursework geared toward a degree up to $1,000 per fiscal year.
- Other Benefits: Employee Assistance Program, Long-term Disability, and Professional Development.